May 9, 2011

Pesto Baked Chicken

Sorry I forgot to take a picture so you'll have to use your imagination... but it is delicious!

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 C. prepared pesto (or more if you like)
2 t. sour cream
2 t. mayonnaise
4 T. shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 C. toasted pine nuts

I grilled my chicken breasts with some seasonings until they were fully cooked but still moist. Combine pesto, sour cream and mayo in a small bowl. After chicken has been removed from grill spoon pesto mixture over it liberally. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts. Broil in oven for a couple of minutes just to melt the cheese. If it is not grilling season you can spoon the mixture with cheese and nuts over uncooked chicken and bake it at 450 for 15-25 minutes

** I toast my pine nuts by browning them in a tablespoon or so of olive oil in a small frying pan on the stovetop. Be careful because they can burn really easily. I prefer them toasted this way because they have a better flavor.

**Gluten-Free dish

No comments: